10 Best Internal Motivation Blogs


Top Ten Internal Motivation Blogs

In a previous post, I asserted that motivation is a key component of mojo. In particular, motivation includes both internal and external motivation. Internal motivation is called intrinsic motivation in scientific circles. I consider these two names to be synonymous. I don't discuss internal motivation very much because I have always had plenty of it and don't explain it very well.  This is understandable if you note that excellent players in many sports make poor coaches.  They can't explain what they did as well as players who worked very hard to reach their positions, like lower level players.  These lower level players can become great coaches.

Instead of a discussion, I offer a top ten list of blogs about internal motivation.  If you read my bio, you know that I was trained as an engineer.  Consequently, I like reality-based blogs, blogs that use science and  facts.  I dislike blogs that are too flaky, snarky, or show a political bias.  Here is my list for your enjoyment.


The psychology and theory behind internal motivation.  A business and social science perspective.
 
Using internal or intrinsic motivation in daily life.  Answers the question "What is it?"

This is a good blog for explaining what internal motivation is.  Some grammatical problems, but which of us is perfect?  THis blog explains the differences between internal and external motivation.

Positive and negative reasons to get motivated are explained here.  What happens in your brain when you are motivated and how do you deal with it.

Predicting success and emphasizing motivation's role in gaining enough experience to succeed.  Describes the "Motivation Matrix."

Lots of real-world examples of successful people and their motivation.  How and why to follow their success.

What to do and what not to do.  I especially like the discussion of the difference between failure and defeat.
Interviews of famous performers and their secrets to success.

You can create better habits. Emphasis on exercising.

10. Success
Problem solving skills for you.

Please visit some of these sites if you can.  I recommend them. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Mojo Effects

How To Know If You Are Too Old