10 Joy To the World Versions For Mojo

My Top Ten "Joy To the World" Versions For Building Mojo

This "Joy To the World" list will inspire your own mojo.  Many sources make lists, but not too many make them for a specific song.  Wikipedia is a source that does a good job of describing how a list is made. I have used Wikipedia Pulse Music, and my own evaluations to build my own list for you.  In compiling my list, I emphasized increasing your mojo.  I excluded anything that was too slow.  There are a lot of very good, traditional versions that I haven't included. There is no question that these performers had mojo to spare. 
 
I used "Joy To the World" because it is one of the highest rated Christmas songs of all time and there are many covers of it.  It has stood the test of time.  Plus, I like and know it. You can also listen anytime you want to increase your mojo.  These versions are in order, with the Michael Bolton rendition being the best I have ever heard.  But it is okay to listen to anything that you like.  These pieces will get your juices flowing and increase your mojo.


Here 's my "Joy To the World" list for you:

  1. Michael Bolton  In my opinion, the best version out there.  Michael Bolton's unique style is on display and fits the music perfectly.. He is joyous ... and he sounds like it.  The later parts display a tasty rhythm that I am sure put a smile on the musician's faces.
  2. Mariah Carey (Live) If you want the Mariah signature runs and other frills, they are here.  Emotional, well recorded, excellent.
  3. Casting Crowns This is more contemporary but still tasteful.
  4. Mormon Tabernacle Choir (2006)This is traditional. It is a very good arrangement that I have personally sung before.   This is a very large ensemble at its best.  Excellent in every way. 
  5. Pentatonix This is contemporary with good harmonies.
  6. Earth, Wind & Fire This will sound familiar if you have heard the Honda TV commercial.  I liked the tasteful beat and the deconstruction that EWF did.  Try it, you'll like it too.
  7. Whitney Houston This version starts off intimately and builds to a typical Whitney Houston song. There are key, word, and tune changes.  They are all typical of Whitney Houston, but not all are my "thing": for this song.  I liked Mariah Carey's rendition better.
  8. Mannheim Steamroller Electronic and non-traditional, but tasteful.
  9. Dolly Parton  You get pure Dolly and a performance that doesn't deviate much from the traditional.
  10. Celtic Women (Live At The Helix In Dublin, Ireland/2013) I had to include the Celtic Women because their voices are so angelic.
I hope this list is not too old or traditional for you. The links go to YouTube; sorry about the ads.  Let it be your jumping off point for the Christmas season, or just enjoy the music.  Let it be a mojo builder, your preparation playlist, or anything else.  These are all great performances by sensitive performers that I have personally selected for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Mojo Effects

How To Know If You Are Too Old